Sunday, August 10, 2008
Artimino, Italy
I loved traveling in Europe. I was so inspired during these trips that I felt these beautiful scenes of orchards, gardens, hilltop villages, acres and acres of sunflower fields in July, all were a melody that came right into my heart and stayed forever. I had to paint! And so, Artimino and many others have come into being. Maybe they are more than simply images. Perhaps they can live inside us and make us feel calm, and experience wonder. I wonder how the peasants and farmers who planted these seeds and watched them grow, and finally harvested them were influenced by their relationship with the earth, the land, the sun, the rain, the seasons. It's in you, too. Just close your eyes and picture these fields of flowers and fruits. Run and laugh in the rain, and create a rainbow of memories for yourself and those you love. Better still, go to the fields and work. Plant your own seeds and watch as they grow. Perhaps it will become a metaphor for your life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment