Dear Friends,
It seems impossible that it's almost Thanksgiving time and I have not written since August! If you are wondering why the time lapse, I'll tell you! I was moving! From a tiny, cramped, dark, dingy, moldy little downstairs room that had only one window in a large Geodesic Dome house to a spacious, sunny home where I have kitchen priveleges and all the amenities I could ask for. And these two homes are just a mile apart, but who knew? Who knew that I can (and you can, too) be specific and ask for precisely what you are dreaming of? Now that my allergies from dust and mold are calming down, and I have the entire house to roam about in all day because the owner is always working and studying for a Master's Degree, I feel a bit more myself.
I couldn't ever accept that I would live all alone in a little room that just did not suit me, and kept asking myself how this turn of events had come about. Home means so much to me. I spent most of my adult life being a mom, baking, cooking, cleaning, supervising my children, car pooling to and from school, and having plenty of leisure time for playing golf and swimming with my friends.
I was the proverbial stay-at-home Mom (does such a position still exist?) who had her life all put neatly together. My homes were spotless, and of course, so were my children. Remember those days before the internet? And television was just there for certain select programs, not droning all day long. Everything went along quite smoothly and being a wife/mom suited me well! I loved my time as a Girl Scout leader! Life was not hectic, though there was a lot of busy-ness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment